Wednesday 11 March 2015

Home Sweet Home!

Excited to be taking part in the Very Berry ATC Swap 6 with the theme of Home Sweet Home. 


I've taken part in one before and thoroughly enjoyed it. The theme for the last one I took part in, was called Getting Away From It All and my package went to a lovely lady called Annie in Queensland, Australia. 

I received this gorgeous card from Paula of Mud, Pies and Pins

It was delivered by a soaking wet post lady and was literally like a ray of sunshine through the post. It's absolutely beautiful and I look at it every day as I have it perched next to my desk. 

It was the first such swap I had taken part in and it took me by surprise just how important it became to me. One thing I learnt from last time - is to start early! Here are my first thoughts...

Isn't it interesting what it is that makes our homes so special? A cup of tea by a roaring fire or under the shade of a favourite tree? The animals who share your life? A Sunday roast cooking on a lazy weekend? A place where you can be yourself? A place of laughter, safety and happy memories? 

When I asked one of my sons what it was that made for home sweet home - what, for example, did he look forward to when coming home from university ? Food came back the swift reply. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment