Wednesday 4 March 2015


I love digging out old patterns. They bring back so many memories of the time when you sewed them. Recently I came across these little gems.


Now, this first one, Simplicity 8320 was given to me when our first son was born.


I can't remember who gave it to me. Don't you love the illustrations? I apparently had an outfit not dissimilar to the red one on the right! I don't know if you can make it out but the price is 6 shillings or 30p!

This next pattern I remember making up (version 1) in a cotton blue and white check.


Now we come to Simplicity 9847. Oh I certainly remember this.


Yes – I made this up!

Anyone remember maternity wear like this in the 80s? Our choices back in the day were pretty limited and making your own dress so as to try and be a little differently dressed was a good option.

Loving the pose of pregnant lady in blue dress! I also remember loving the hair cut of the model in the main picture!

Memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment