Sunday 7 February 2016

Finishing a few things with a smile..

The last couple of weeks have seen a few things finished. Cue big smile...

My ATC swap card went off in the post at the beginning of last week. 

Ali over at VeryBerryHandmade was as wonderful as ever organising another Artist Trading Card Swap - this time the theme was Winter Comforts. Taking part in these swaps are always such a pleasure - the planning and creation of a textile treat for someone else.

So what springs to mind? As ever I start with a mind map. It was pretty clear that hot chocolate, log fires, warm Winter woolies and snoozing hounds were high on my list. I sat in my favourite spot (another Winter comfort!) looking out of my window one afternoon thinking about the theme. 

This is my view...




Through the window I could see lots of these little guys feeding on the various treats we put out for them. Blue Tits are just the most relaxing and entertaining creatures - they squabble, chatter, feed and flutter non stop. They land on the window frame and peck on the window to get attention and we sit looking at each other. In the middle of a gloomy day, they make me smile. Ta- dah! ATC planned.

Using photos that my hubby takes of them clutching to the feeder, I sketched out the card... and stitched...



It's bit wonky - the finishing off always takes me for ever and sorry about the lighting - it's been so overcast and rainy here lately.


Ready to go :)


I hope my swap partner likes it. The birds truly are our Winter Comfort and the food we put out for them is their Winter warmer. Thank you Ali for another great swap! I can't wait to receive mine  and I'll post it here when it arrives!

I've finished reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Oh my word. What an emotional page turner! The film has since been watched. 'Read it!' I'm telling everyone - most people already have. I'm a bit slow off the mark like that. 

Archie might give it a whirl...


...although he's already dozed off before the good bit...

I've sent off an embroidered thank you card and personalised glasses case to some special people - forgot to photograph.. grrrrr

I'm sneaking in here, the fact that I've almost finished the blanket I've been working on (the one that was supposed to be ready for Christmas), but with only another few rows and the edging to go - hey, nearly there...

I've finished clearing out some of my wardrobe space that has definitely made me smile, although I just know I'll want to wear it once it's gone or wish I'd kept the fabric...

Hello February - here's to some more finishings this month!

Sherry xx








No comments:

Post a Comment