Tuesday 21 July 2015

An embroidery post

Recently, I've found myself absolutely loving hand embroidery. Gone are the days when any type of hand sewing seemed a little laborious. Whether it's sewing a button, turning a cuff or a little bit of darning (sparks from the BBQ onto a new white shirt issue!), I relish the quiet time spent sewing. 

Embroidery takes patience and that wasn't something I had in abundance when I was younger. I clearly remember making myself a pair of pedal pushers one Saturday and being so anxious to wear them out the same evening that a safety pin held them up. Nowadays, I have so much more patience - I have a blouse upstairs recently completed, that is sitting waiting for the 'right' buttons to complete it. My eighteen year old self would be open mouthed in disbelief!

So, this is a little of the embroidery I have been doing recently - for needle cases and glasses case that I'll be selling soon...



....obviously with some Liberty print :)


yes - that's a little bit more Liberty print peeking through !

Hope you're having a lovely day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment