Wednesday 22 July 2015

Patchwork memories

I love patchwork, quilting, English paper piecing - whatever which way - I'm in. A full size quilt is on my list of 'to dos' this year. I have spent an age drooling over fabrics and jelly rolls but haven't had the time courage to dive in yet.

One of my earliest sewing memories is tacking fabric onto squares and hexagons for paper piecing. I loved it. I can't remember what I may have made if anything - but just sitting and hand sewing was a delight.

I decided to use the remnants of some of my recent blouse makes to sew a patchwork cushion cover. Step into the limelight polka dots, forties floral, paisley and the remains of one of my favourite blouses bought by me aged eighteen from Peter Robinson at Oxford Circus - it was a heady moment!

A happy Saturday afternoon was spent planning, cutting out, sewing and matching seams...






 ..until finally - ta dah - one cushion cover.





I love it. It brings a big smile to my face, and it's super squidgy.

No comments:

Post a Comment