Wednesday 7 October 2015

Elephants!

'Nature's great masterpiece, an elephant - the only harmless great thing.' John Donne 

I adore elephants - always have. Their gentle intelligence, sense of fun, love for one another and those eyes...

As Lyall Watson the botanist and author said - 'If elephants didn't exist, you couldn't invent one.' They are truly extraordinary and it breaks my heart that man has treated them so very badly.

I have designed so many different styles of cases for Kindles, glasses, phones etc but the design that is by far the most popular is the fun and quirky elephant applique design. At craft fairs, it's the elephant that people are drawn towards - adults and children alike. 

Today I have been happily sewing elephant cases whilst looking out onto the garden in rain, sun, rain, sun, rain, sun. My least favourite kind of weather - I like to know where I am with my day! The elephants have been keeping me company and making me smile. 

I have a tutorial for this case on my website here. I give you fair warning - it's a long tutorial - my first attempt at one! I think I need to shorten it somewhat or split it into two when I get the time. Let me know what you think. 



No comments:

Post a Comment