Tuesday 6 October 2015

Winter is coming...

Game of Thrones has a lot to answer for :)

I love Summer and my recent ATC swap creation showed that. 
However...
...I'm also quite fond of Autumn. 

I love the colours of the leaves as they begin their change.





A recent Instagram post showed my anticipation as this leaf dropped onto my pad  while I was sitting outside a few weeks ago.


My thoughts also turns to a different kind of eating. 

Salads turn to soups 
and pies
and warming puddings..
..with custard.

With the final of the Great British Bake Off tomorrow, I'm already in baking mode. 
I suppose it's that I struggle to stay inside in Summer. 
I sit in my room and sew, all the while looking longingly out of the window to the outside where I want to be.

Autumn signals the nights drawing in, logs stacked up by the fire- the dogs vying for who can get closest, we close our curtains and in my case - I cook. (and crochet, and knit, and embroider..you get the picture)

I love it.

Bye bye salads. Hello casserole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment