Monday 5 October 2015

A garden in the sunshine, a garden in the rain.

There is such beauty in both.

I do love a cottage garden. This summer I have been 'encouraging' plants that give off a whiff of rebellion - those that won't always conform, standing tall but with attitude. The self seeding poppies and feverfew are real favourites...
... Popping up everywhere. 

All colours and shapes are welcome. Some of the 'weeds' in the garden this year have been so very lovely.

Having previously lived within a couple of miles of Sissinghurst Castle Gardens, I have witnessed that there is beauty in all shapes and styles of garden. 

Strolling around the garden today, first in sunshine and later after a downpour, I was admiring the beauty of flowers in both weathers. 






I love the poppy seed heads left behind when they have finished flowering. I have thousands of these little seeds ready for next year.








Beautiful. 

'The more one gardens, the more one learns; And the more one learns, the more one realises how little one knows.'
Vita Sackville- West (1892 - 1962) 

#alwayslearning.

No comments:

Post a Comment