Friday 1 January 2016

Thinking Happy Thoughts

So, a new year...the inevitable new year resolutions....lots of ads on TV and in my inbox encouraging me to 'detox'...myriad sales every where and peoples' thoughts turning to Summer holidays. 

Being a bit rebellious, instead of beginning a new year diet, I'm having a Katsu curry today and rather than new year resolutions, I'm making a list of what makes me happy. I'm going to do my best to fit more of these feel good, warm, fuzzy moments into my life. 

My Happy List - in no particular order :) 

First of all , my favourite Christmas present. I opened this..




A Coldplay vinyl = happiness.

'Look inside' urged my sons who had bestowed said gift upon my hubby and me.

Cue a few tears after seeing this drop out...




A promise of 2 tickets to see them at Wembley. Wow! Genuine top notch happiness anticipating this concert.

Moving on...

An early night. When I was a wee little one, I remember very clearly having to go to bed while it was still daylight outside. Boy that was frustrating. Now fast forward ... quite a lot of years and I love an early night - laying in bed in Summer listening to sounds of the outside world going on, or snuggling up in Winter with a hot water bottle, listening to the rain on the window. 

A new book to read. I'm determined to try and read one book a week this year. My reading was dismal last year. I'm currently reading this

That first cup of tea in the morning.

The first daffodil appearing.

Twinkle lights

Our new bed -sooo comfy 

Curling up on the sofa with the dogs my husband... ahem

Stripy gloves

Fresh linen on the bed. 

Cow parsley

Giving a handmade gift

Notebooks/ journals. I have so many - I can't resist. I got a beautiful William Morris V&A lined journal for Christmas...with matching pencils. 




Yay! I also love these. I never know quite what to use them for so this year I will start using them, they are not too precious to use Sherry.

Feeding the birds. Especially our little robin who flies into my hand every morning for his breakfast of grated cheese. 

Baking

Liberty print fabrics

Cherry cake

The Boden sale

Le Petit Marseillais products

Scented candles

Having a whole evening stretching out ahead of me when I can embroider, knit, or crochet (any of the former) while watching an Audrey Hepburn film. Strictly speaking - two happinesses there.

A soak in a hot bath

There are so many things that make me happy. I think I'll do a monthly list to keep a smile on my face throughout the year :) 

What makes you smile?

Happy 2016 to you. Think happy thoughts xx











No comments:

Post a Comment