Tuesday 22 September 2015

Robbie the Robin

So, now that Robbie is all stitched up using the Hot Iron Transfer Pencil that I wrote about yesterday, I thought I'd show you how it looks.

I mentioned that one of the drawbacks of the pencil transfer method is how thick the lines are. You can clearly see the red outline when using two strands of DMC. 


You could probably cover it ok if you used 3 strands, or crewel but as I'm developing a pattern, I needed to stick to two strands. Using Frixion pens (my usual method) wouldn't have left any visible marks at all as a touch of the iron performs magic. 



Every time I look at those marks, they'll truly drive me crazy but I'll use it somewhere and to be honest, the marks look a lot worse in the photos. 



So, the heat transfer pencil works like a dream but I think I'll reserve it for redwork, crewel and the like!


No comments:

Post a Comment