Wednesday 2 September 2015

Swapping little stitches..

I recently took part in the ATC swap organised by Ali over at Very Berry Handmade.

My first thoughts on the theme of My Favourite... were organised into a mind map, which I then plainly disregarded and went off on another tangent!

Sitting out in the back garden on a fairly rare, warm and sunny afternoon a couple of weeks ago, I realised just how very much I love Summer. Ahhh, now there's an idea - my favourite time of the year!

I love all the seasons - and a list of my favourite things about each of the seasons showed this. But it's the warmth of a Summer's day, the carefree days of holidays, swimming in the sea, seeing the garden in full bloom and events like Wimbledon that seem to epitomise the few weeks that make up Summer. 


Selecting the things that represent Summer was easy, it was just the stitching of them that was a little tricky! Anyway, here's the finished card...





Strawberries, Wimbledon, harvesting lavender, and swimming in the sea - all represented under some cheery bunting. 

It went to Jo who loved the itsy bitsy teeny weeny bikini the most! I stitched it all on a pale green linen and thoroughly enjoyed making it.

Today, through the post I received my ATC from Simi. Look at this....



I just love it - the textures, the colour and the obvious fun my swap partner had in stitching it. It will make me smile every day as I look at it sitting on my desk. Such a clever lady. 









No comments:

Post a Comment